My niece is finally old enough to go trick or treating and it makes me really happy to finally have some cute Halloween pictures to scrapbook! Beside Christmas, Halloween is probably the holiday/theme that inspires me the most when crafting. I love the fun, whimsical colors and characters, the funky treat holders, and everything else. I bought the Woo-ligans collection from Bo Bunny when it came out quite a few years ago and I held on to the chipboard stickers because I felt they were too "special" to put on a card and I figured if I waited, I'd find an opportunity to includes them in my scrapbook at some points. Megan's Tinkerbell pictures had the perfect mix of green, purple and orange to fit with them and because she's still young, the monster kiddo images seemed like a good fit.
It's been a while since I made a traditional scrapbook page, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The design was inspired by a Page Maps October 2016 sketch and I paired it with one of the March VSBN challenge from Splitcoast Stampers. Challenge #3 was a Stashbuster and was perfect for the page I was putting together. The challenge called to select 8 items from a suggested list. Here's those I chose:
- Brackets (each side of title)
- Circles (punched owl)
- Ribbons (rickrack)
- Stickers (chipboard monsters and googly eyes)
- Ckustered Items (bottom of left picture)
- Stash items older than 8 months (Bo Bunny collection)
- Stash items older than 16 months (bracket punch, alphabet rub-ons, glimmer brads)
- Date (bottom left)
I've had the bracket punch for a long time but it's one of those staple tools that I don't use every time I craft, but that I keep pulling back out over the years. To dikve the brackets dimension, I layered four brackets punched out of cardstock plus one punched out of patterned paper on top. It made them stand out more against the patterned paper and look like chipboard pieces. The alphabet rub-ons are old. I'm pretty sure I bought those over a decade ago. They were the perfect size and shade of lime green, though, so they allowed me to add my title quickly to the page. The bubble on the right side and starburst on the left side are journaling blocks that were part of the collection. The little owl was actually printed at the bottom of the orange scallop square die-cut I used on the back of the pictures. I thought the owl was really cute and it was going to be hidden by the pictures so I punched it out with a circle punch before adhering the die-cut to the page. The google eyes came from the chipboard stickers from the Bo Bunny collection. I thought I could add them to the trees and the bottom border instantly came to life with that little added detail. White velvet rickrack was stapled at the top and green sequin trim was glued at the bottom. I took the sequins that had fallen off the end of the trim and glued them randomly on the page using mini glue dots. I used a black pen to add my journaling and put two glimmer brads on each side of it.
A lot of older supplies went into making this page, and yet the result does not look dates to me. It always feels good when I pull some older stuff out and use it!
Patterned Papers, Chipboard Stickers, Journaling Die-Cuts: Whoo-ligans (Bo Bunny)
Alphabet Rub-Ons: Scrap Works
Punches: 2" Circle, Brackets
Accessories: White Velvet Rickrack, Green Sequin Trim, Stampin' Dimensionals,
Project Life Corner Punch, Black Pen, Glimmer Brads, Mini Stapler, Distressing Tool