One of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges was centered around the picnic theme. I had this idea of using an old hostess set with little critters and a picnic basket and tried as I may to find it, I couldn't. I'm fairly sure it's because I pulled it out and placed it in the box of stuff I wish to sell. It's always like that - you don't use something for the longest time and the second you get rid of it, it would have been useful.
With that option out of the way, I had to come up with another idea and then I thought I could maybe make a picnic basket box? (This idea also fit with Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, Try to Contain Yourself). I wasn't sure how to go about it, but decided to start with the Berry Basket Bigz Die and try to modify it. There was a lot of fiddling and correcting involved, but I finally ended up with something I was pleased enough with to share. I used the paint strip image from the Work of Art stamp set to create the basket weave pattern. In retrospect, I wish I had taken the time to stamp the pattern on the angled edges as well, but this is the beta version, so it could definitely be improved on.
The upside of this modified container is that it is slightly bigger than most die-cut boxes, so it could contain something a little better. I also think it would look lovely lined with gingham paper, so something I'd probably add when filing it to give away.
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Work of Art
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Berry Basket Die, Brads, Tear 'n Tape Adhesive