A few weeks ago, I was a guest speaker at my friend Maggie's team event. She had generously prepared a Make 'n Take package for me so that I could take part in the stamping fun while I was there. There were quite a few projects to be made, and since I am a slow stamper, I ran out of time to do them all. I didn't rush either, knowing that I had most of what I needed to make those cards at home. Only problem is, I didn't photograph the projects, thinking I had them memorized, but when came time to do the Halloween one, all I could remember was that there were some bats from the Googly Ghouls on the main panel... Not very useful.
Oh, well, I simply decided to move on to Plan B: lay all of the supplies down on the table in front of me and come up with something using the pieces available. This is what came out of it. All I added to the original kit was a scrap of Basic Black cardstock to mat the Designer paper with.
Seriously, how cute are those googly eyes? The stamped images look completely different once they've been added on them. I die-cut the main panel using a Framelits die from the Apothecary Accents set and layered a piece of Champagne glimmer paper (wonderful for both Halloween and Christmas) die-cut with another die from the same set. The background paper is from the beautiful Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP pack.
The card base was stamped with the Netting background stamp, and I added a piece of cotton ribbon decorated with a copper button (love those - they're a great neutral shade that goes with everything). Get those items while you can before the seasonal catalogue retires!
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Googly Ghouls, Netting
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Designer paper: Scaringbone and Howlstooth
Ink: Basic Black, Basic grey
Accessories: Champagne glimmer paper, Copper button, Cotton ribbon,
pinking shears, Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Stampin' Dimensionals,
Piercing template and paper piercer, Neutrals brads, Googly eyes